Home‎ > ‎Game Summaries‎ > ‎U10 Ritchey Game Summary‎ > ‎

ORSA Ritchey vs Mercer-Graul - 05/04/14

posted May 6, 2014, 8:24 AM by Thomas Pfennigwerth
ORSA Force- Ritchey played Mercer - Graul to a 2-1 victory today.  ORSA came out flat with little determination and as a result much of the first half was played in their own side of the field with keeper Dustin McMullen forced to make several tough saves to enable his team to go out of the first half with a 0-0 tied score.  When ORSA did come out with some offensive pressure it was led by Caleb Prettyman who just missed wide on one shot and had chances at others.  His pace continues to give him scoring opportunities and he also had some passes to teammates that gave them opportunities to shoot.  Carson Whitling awarded with a start for his performance last week, continued to show improvement this week, by making several good passes in the offensive end that offered his teammates chances on goal.  Caleb Griffin also had some offensive opportunites as he took passes from his defense and pushed the ball down the sideline but Mercer's defense was up to the task and turned the ball away each time.  Shortly after the start of the second half Dustin McMullen was substituted in as a striker and quickly made a positive impact.  He was very aggressive and as a result scored his first goal of the season to put the Force up 1-0.  Mercer equalized three quarters of the way through the second half and if not for second half keeper Aiden Kightlinger making several saves including two 1 on 1 opportunities the Force would have been faced with their first loss of the season.  It now appeared the game was going to end in a 1-1 tie as time was running out.  Mercer's defense pushed the ball down the field across the midfield line, but Keegan Shreffler having played tough defense all day stepped up from his right back position and placed a perfect one touch pass to Prettyman who turned with the ball and it looked to be a great chance for a goal.  He was fouled just outside the penalty box  with just a few minutes to play resulting in a direct kick for the Force.  As Mercer set up their wall and defense Quinn Ritchey set up to take the free kick.  At the referee's permission he took the kick and scored the game winning goal, beating the wall and the keeper into the right side of goal.  It was a great strike that was all set up by a great pass by Shreffler and a good move by Prettyman.  A 2-1 victory for the Force with next week's game coming on Saturday versus Kinzua.